LCCAA now partners with OhioMeansJobs Lorain County (OMJ) to make a vehicle match benefit available to job seekers. This is a supportive service available only to enrolled OMJ clients actively working with an employment or training case manager.
LCCAA supports OMJ clients by providing financial training, managing matching funds and offering one-on-one purchasing guidance.
OMJ will match participants savings at a rate of $3 for every $1 saved (match ceiling is $6,000).
To participate in the OMJ program, you must:
- Register for an OMJ orientation by calling 440-324-5244.
- Only clients fully engaged with an OMJ case manager for job search assistance or training services will qualify.
- Approvals for vehicle match funds are limited based on available funding at the time the clients meets participation milestones and requirements. Funds are not released on a first-come, first-served basis.
Key steps of the partnership among the client, OMJ and LCCAA are:
- Seek job search or training services with OMJ.
- Request consideration for the vehicle match supportive service from your OMJ case manager.
- Save $2,000 to put down on a car.
- Complete the Financial Class at LCCAA.
- OMJ will match $3 for every $1 to a max of $6,000. You will be able to purchase an $8,000 car.
- Participants completing their purchase also receive one year of car insurance paid, up to $2,500.
- Commit to owning the vehicle for no less than six months.
- Agree to abide by all requirements and restrictions.
Separately, LCCAA's By Car Program - which has different eligibility requirements and match amounts - is not accepting new applications for the remainder of 2023. All LCCAA By Car funds are expended for 2023.
Please contact OhioMeansJobs Lorain County at 440-324-5244 with general questions and to register for an orientation.
Otherwise, to get started, call OhioMeansJobs Lorain County at 440-324-5244 or stop in at 42495 North Ridge Road, Elyria, for more information. OMJLC's business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. They are closed on federal holidays.