By Car helps income-eligible clients to purchase a used vehicle while learning savings strategies and vehicle care.
JUST ANNOUNCED! Effective immediately, the BYCar match
has been increased from 2 to 1 to 3 to 1! (as of March 24, 2021)
Eligible clients use their earned income toward a vehicle purchase. The BYCar Program now matches participants funds 3 to 1 (Match ceiling is $3,999). Participants attend a one-time financial literacy course as well as review costs of owning a vehicle and the value of continued savings.
Income can be earned from:
- A combination of any of these
Please note: Demand for this program is high and funding goes fast.
The income eligibility requirements are based on family size and total family income. Participants must be living at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Line ($53,000). To be eligible, no one in the household can own a vehicle.
Other Program Requirements
- Be employed OR
- Be enrolled in a certified training or full-time college education program.
- Complete a financial literacy class.
- Agree to open a savings account
- Commit to owning the vehicle for no less than six months.
- Agree to abide by the program requirements.
If you have questions or need more information, contact Colette Park, Client Services Coordinator at 440-204-3151 or email [email protected]