Information for the 2021-2022 School Year
Class sizes are returning to pre-COVID levels, however, we will maintain some of the protocols we created due to COVID for the time being. As school begins the first week of September, ALL staff, students and visitors will be required to wear masks in all LCCAA Head Start centers. Other requirements are:
- Curbside drop off and pick up
- Temperature checks and health screenings for all children and adults, including staff.
- Hand washing for children upon arrival and before departure.
- Restricted access for visitors.
- Regular cleaning and santizing of areas and materials.
School Readiness Goals
Head Start and Early Head Start serve low-income children ages 0 to 5 and pregnant women.
Both programs use the 100% of the Federal Poverty Level for priority placement. In addition, the programs can serve 35% of families whose income is between 101 and 130%.
Additionally, 10% of families can exceed 130% of the FPL.
Families receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) or SSI (Supplemental Security Income) are automatically eligible. Homeless children and children in foster or kinship care are also automatically eligible.
Head Start and Early Head Start also serve children with disabilities.