Head Start Apprenticeships
Professional Development Program for Early Childhood Education
To promote Early Childhood Education as a profession, LCCAA Head Start now offers an apprenticeship program.
Participants will complete coursework and receive specialized training, feedback and mentor support while gaining extensive classroom experience.
All apprentice work will meet the requirements to earn a preschool or an infant/toddler Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
- Anyone with no hands-on early childhood classroom experience who would like to begin a career in the field may apply.
- LCCAA Head Start is actively working to partner with area high schools to offer apprenticeship opportunities to juniors and seniors planning careers in Early Childhood Education.
- The apprenticeship manager will help you determine which CDA program is right for you. LCCAA will pay for your coursework and support you at every step of the process.
- Successful apprentices will be qualified to work in LCCAA Head Start classrooms in positions that require a CDA.
- If hired, they will be eligible for tuition assistance to work toward college degrees and promotions within LCCAA Head Start.
Learn More in our Program Brochure