Open Ended Toys Spark Imaginationposted 12/6/22 -- Open-ended toys are those that have multiple uses and infinite possibilities.
Children never grow tired of playing with open-ended toys and they build brain-boosting skills that will serve them well in school and throughout life. When exploring with open-ended materials, you never get the same result twice, therefore children are using their imagination, creativity, vision and patience. Don’t forget their trial and error and problem solving skills.
Great Open-Ended Gift Ideas
- Wooden blocks, Duplos, Legos, Magna Tiles, gears
- Baby dolls & accessories (ex. stroller, bottle, blankets, etc.)
- Doll house with furniture and people
- Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars & track to build
- Art materials (ex. paper, crayons, glue, scissors, etc.)
- Dress up & role play items (ex. costumes for dress-up, tea set, doctor’s kit, pretend school or restaurant)
- Animal figurines
- Play fort kits or playhouses
- Musical instruments