For a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), click here.
- Must be behind on rent or facing eviction, AND
- Must live at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income ($62,900 for a family
of four in 2022, see chart), AND
- One of the following:
- Must have been directly affected by COVID-19 (loss of income, increased expenses, etc.), OR
- Be a member of a population especially vulnerable to COVID-19
The Agency will not be taking phone calls due to staffing constraints. Applicants will receive email correspondence and status updates which can be shared with landlords and persons of authority as needed.
- Photo ID
- Social Security cards of all household members. If a member does not have a Social Security card, a birth certificate is needed. If you have recently applied for a card, an official letter from the Social Security office with the number printed on it and stating your card is in process is acceptable.
- Income information for the past 30 days for all household members over 18, even if they are still in school. This includes check stubs, social security and, in some cases, child support. Income from self-employment requires additional documentation. For a complete list of income that must be counted, click here.
- Any household member over 18 claiming no income must complete an affidavit. Click here for a downloadable copy.
- Landlord's name, address, phone number and monthly rent amount.
- The monthly arrearage amounts by month with supporting documentation from your landlord. The landlord must stipulate monthly amounts and the month(s) charges were incurred.
- A copy of your signed lease.
- A copy of your quit notice (from your landlord) or eviction order (from the court) if applicable.
- A W-9 and statement from your landlord that no eviction proceedings will be made for the arrearages being paid. Click here for a downloadable template. Click here for a blank W-9 form.
- A statement on how you have been impacted by COVID-19.
Payments may only be made directly to landlords. Payments charged to credit cards are not eligible for rental assistance or reimbursement.
Note: For your convenience, you can upload required documents through this portal. Uploading inappropriate content, in violation of LCCAA policy, will result in your application immediately being denied. Additional action may be taken.