Summer Crisis Program
The Summer Crisis Program provides assistance to eligible households once per season.
Eligibility and benefits have been expanded for the 2020 season. For 2020, the program will operate from July 1 to Sept. 30.
To qualify for help, households must be living at or below 175% of the Federal Poverty Line AND meet one of the following criteria:
· Have a member age 60 or older, OR
· Have a member with a documented medical condition worsened by extreme heat (Click here for a medical form.), OR
· Electric service has been disconnected, OR
· Have received a disconnect notice, OR
· Are trying to establish new service, OR
· Have been diagnosed with coronavirus in 2020, OR
· Are enrolling in PIPP Plus for the first time, OR
· Are an existing PIPP customer in default.
Benefits in 2020 may include one or more of the following:
· Electric bill payment assistance.
· A window air conditioning unit.
· A box fan.
· Assistance with central air conditioner repairs.
For more information on the 2020 Summer Crisis Program, click here.