Food Pantry Grants Awardedposted 11/2/22 -- LCCAA has awarded grants to 15 area food pantries that also include new winter coats for children.
The agency has partnered with area food pantries since 2013 to help them with the busy holiday season. COVID-19 has caused a spike in hunger in the county and across the country.
Partner organizations must be located in Lorain County and provide free food or non-food grocery items directly to any person in their service area living at or below 125% of the Federal Poverty Line. The organization must also conduct monthly reporting on the clients they serve.
In addition to the food reimbursement, each partner will be given new coats for distribution.
The partners are:
- Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Christian Temple Disciples of Christ
- The Church of Saint Agnes
- Community Resource Services
- Elyria Hospitality Center
- Faith Ministries Christian Center
- First Congregational Church - Elyria
- First United Methodist Church
- Gathering Hope House
- LaGrange Lions Club
- Lorain County Office on Aging-Main office-Elyria
- Lorain Lighthouse United Methodist Church
- Pathways Enrichment Center
- St. Mary Church
- Vermilion Salvation Army
Inquires should be directed to Tosha Craighead, Assistant Director of Planning and Community Services at [email protected] or 440-204-3135.