Winter Crisis Appointments Open Oct. 19posted 10/15/20 -- Winter heating assistance for residents who are without heat or threatened with disconnection will be available beginning Nov. 2. However, residents can call beginning Oct. 19 to make an appointment.
To be eligible for help, residents must live at or below 175% of the federal poverty line. This year, in addition to a disconnect or the threat of a disconnect, residents are eligible if they have had a COVID-19 diagnosis.
Residents who have received a disconnection notice are urged to call the HEAP hotline at 440-538-6999 or go online to app.capappointments.com to make an appointment. Residents trying to restore, reconnect and/or transfer services also qualify for the program.
Utility companies will stop a service disconnection if an appointment to determine eligibility has been made. Please note:
- Appointments must be no less than 48 hours before a disconnection to service is scheduled;
- The appointment must be kept to maintain an account hold;
- Account number must be added to the appointment booking;
- Rescheduling removes the hold and possibly triggers loss of service.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, all Winter Crisis services will be provided by phone only. Our satellite offices and administrative building remain closed to the public.
Required documents can now be submitted three ways:
- By FAX to 440-201-6483. This number is only for utility assistance programs.
- Documents can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Through the secure drop box at 936 Broadway Ave., Lorain. Here, clients will find a list of requirements, documents needed, and Agreement Terms which can be signed and left in the drop box for the advocate they are working with. Please do not submit originals.
Visit www.lccaa.net or call 440-245-2009 (select 2 for HEAP) during business hours for a detailed list of required documentation.
The program runs through March 31, 2021.