Eligibility and Documentation
To be eligible for PIPP Plus you must:
Have a household income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Line, AND Be a customer of a regulated utility.
To be eligible for the Winter Crisis Program you must:
Have a household income at or below 175% of the Federal Poverty Line, AND Be threatened with the loss of your heat
To be eligible for the Summer Crisis Program you must:
Have a household income at or below 175% of the Federal Poverty Line, AND Be 60 years old or older, OR
Have a documented medical condition worsened by extreme heat.
For ALL programs you must provide:
- Social Security cards of all household members. If a member does not have a Social Security card, a birth certificate is needed. If you have recently applied for a card, an official letter from the Social Security office with the number printed on it and stating your card is in process is acceptable.
- Income information for the past 90 days for all household members over 18, even if they are still in school. This includes check stubs, social security and child support. Income from self-employment must be notarized with additional supporting documentation. For a complete list of income that must be counted, click here.
- Any household member over 18 claiming no income must complete an affidavit. Click here for a downloadable copy.
- Gas and electric utility bills – must be in the name of a household member.
- For the Summer Crisis Program ONLY, you must provide a medical statement if you are under age 60.